Froob Foremans Twink

Information and posts regarding all the dungeons and quests on Rubi-Ka (ie Condemed Subways, ToTW, Biomare, Jack-the-Leg Chopper, etc.)

Froob Foremans Twink

Postby Khaler on Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:10 pm

So, for several reasons (partially due to the mythic and fabled Grid Armor),I was thinking of making a froob Foremans twink. I'm gonna have a ToTW MP, so unless a Foremans twink could self mochies and Cacodemon, I'm not interested in making a Foremans twink pet class pillar hugger. I am thinking of an Enf or Melee Advy (probably using QL 105 CoH weps since I don't think level 100s can get into IS), but I want to know the opinion of AOFroobs. What is the best non-pet prof for a froob Foremans twink? Bonus points if it's a melee prof.
"When I was, a young boy, my father, took me into the city, to see a marching band. He said 'Son when, you grow up, will you be, the savior of the broken, the beaten and the damned?'"
Khaler
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Froob Foremans Twink

Postby bronz on Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:46 pm

I'm not sure the 'best' twink is what matters here. All you want is to kill security guards and get their personal safes and yes, I've personally pulled at least 4 GA1 discs from them (although GA1 is neither as mythic nor as fabeled as it was 12 years ago). Security guards are not even challenging for non twinked 100s to solo. Once you have clearence, you can move straight there and smash them down. If that were my only goal I'd personally choose a fixer b/c you can run fast through the dungeon w/ speed buffs, meep out when you score a disc, and open those safes right on the spot (w/ B&E buffs plus green B&E skill). Granted, a fixer won't hit like an enfo w/ a hungry/painted, but IMO a blinded+ the things I pointed out will make up for it. If all you're fighting there is security guards you could just set up for 100% evade CC and 0% dodge/duck and not really put too much effort into the twinking part. I'm just thinking that from anywhere on RK, a fixer can just instantaneously encode - pop out at Bor and use the 'poof: You're at Formans' device that drops from scorps. Thus you are in formans in seconds, and out in seconds. Also, once you realize that GA1 only sells for 15m-ish and that its not really all that hard to find, you will want to put one in social and thus a fixer is perfect.

BTW: a froob Formans twink CAN self mochies and cast top pet (although you need mochams or a wrangle in order to cast mochams in the first place... you just upkeep it)

*sighs* I really wanted those bonus points, but an enfo can't use rage to buff runspeed anymore :'-( AND I've NEVER liked running in advy pet form. Slow and bouncy sux.
bronz
Flagged
Flagged

Postby bronz on Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:54 pm

And... it also appears you have a lvl 65 fixer so... done!
bronz
Flagged
Flagged

Postby Khaler on Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:24 am

Yeah, but wouldn't GA1 and GA2 be useless for a level 100?
"When I was, a young boy, my father, took me into the city, to see a marching band. He said 'Son when, you grow up, will you be, the savior of the broken, the beaten and the damned?'"
Khaler
Amateur
Amateur

Postby Rain on Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:02 am

Useless? No.
I once knew a fellow who proudly wore his (self found) GA1 well into late tl4. He played smart and did reasonably well with it.
Naturally it loses effectiveness but it does not become useless.

A chirop advy is going to rip everything to shreds inside Biomare.
Self heals are having a hard time outhealing the damage one recieves, but most of the kewl kidz these days never leave the house without gsf & hnq anyways.

Nevertheless, fixer is a solid choice too. Never underestimate the ability to grid wherever and whenever you feel like.
Combined with Snares and the Short HoT, the fixer is a well rounded package.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
WeylanYutani | Enforcer
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
RF | Soldier

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot
Rain
Hardened
Hardened

Postby bronz on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:45 am

Khaler wrote:Yeah, but wouldn't GA1 and GA2 be useless for a level 100?

I would say GA1's use would be radically diminished by lvl 100... unless its 'use' is to make a quick 15-20m per hour farming safes. I assume the GA is not for the 100 twink itself (especially since he requested a melee prof) but rather for another character or for sale.
bronz
Flagged
Flagged

Postby Lassssi on Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:04 am

Chirop heal & evade adv gets my vote as well.

Having a 86 ga3 fixer myself, I have to admit that she has died a few times in the director room even when the ga was not oe.
Zadamm TL7/fix, Vanishez TL7/sha, Dignord TL7/nt, Digsengi TL7/eng, Digsagent 200/age, Digsdoccie TL5/doc, Digsoldier TL5/sol, Trymeout 200/enf, Partofitall 200/mp, Lariam 200/tra, Fexwolf TL5/adv, GetStuff TL5/fix, Digsnt TL4/nt, Willinger TL4/cra, + 15+ sub tl4
Lassssi
Hardened
Hardened

Postby Derenbruder on Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:25 am

NT is (for me) one of the best and fastest foreman clearer. I use VE in a kitestyle... i can kill everything except rikrak.
Derenbruder
Flagged
Flagged

Postby Legendfluff on Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:45 am

bronz wrote:*sighs* I really wanted those bonus points, but an enfo can't use rage to buff runspeed anymore :'-( AND I've NEVER liked running in advy pet form. Slow and bouncy sux.

Rage does buff runspeed it's just not as much as it used to be.

In the topic:

Any pet prof can mostly take the Director on themselves without a problem, with their nice pet of course.
I have a 100 enf (105/100 chirops) that can do reasonably well against him, but needs just a HoT to be safe.
A 100 engi with mochams + 131 for a 200 slayer easy steamrolls him, could probably do it with a 150 pet or around there too.

If you can do a ton of evades (like a GA Fixer or MA) you could probably be able to beat him that way. Need around 1k evades I'd say.
You have to be careful while kiting him as the pillars in the room bug out everything, forcing them into HD reset.

One tip too: In the olden days, if you could NSD The Director or Rik-Rak, they wouldn't pop their procs. Director wouldn't spawn his baddies and rik-rak would not do his cage. With the director too, if you kill him fast enough he doesn't pop the second wave of guards.
Mains: Legendfluff / Kruznik02 / Distractyou ... 1 paid account + 5 Froob accounts. I love to twink froobs more than paid, they're much more enjoyable.

Current project: QL 67-75 Imps + CoH Collar on L5 NT (froob ofc) [On hold]
Completed:
2 Level 15 froobs: NM Agent & NM MP. Both have ql 86-104 implants.
Legendfluff
Flagged
Flagged

Postby Saavick on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:21 pm

bronz wrote:AND I've NEVER liked running in advy pet form. Slow and bouncy sux.

I have a level 100 chirop advy that doesn't use morphs either (I don't like the camera movement and more importantly the looks), and she can solo everything in foremans. Don't discard advy too soon :)
Saavick_200_doctor_Nuclearmeany_190_nano-technician_Ryahna_131_adventurer_Achilla_60_soldier_
Lokuta_200_soldier_Sunilda_182_meta-physicist_Whaaaaaa_122_bureaucrat_Angrymueny_60_fixer_
Violentmeany_200_enforcer_Boesemueny_179_trader_Wildmeany_100_adventurer_Ealhswith_56_agent_
Angrymeany_200_engineer_Luettl_170_bureaucrat_Svanhvita_100_engineer_Enragedmeany_25_enforcer_
Vladja_200_agent_Haadriah_163_martial artist_Kvada_80_enforcer_Yngvildr_15_soldier_
Meany_200_fixer_Skathi_149_soldier_Babysaav_66_doctor____
Littlemeany_200_adventurer_Mueny_136_meta-physicist_Vladdy_64_trader____
Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Postby Bowgie on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:28 pm

Saavick wrote:

I have a level 100 chirop advy that doesn't use morphs either (I don't like the camera movement and more importantly the looks), and she can solo everything in foremans. Don't discard advy too soon :)

There is a checkbox for "No Camera Bounce" in settings. It's not 100% in wolf or tiger form, but it helps.
Also, the new leet morph doesn't seem to bounce at all, and gives a nice crit and speed boost.
Bowgie
Flagged
Flagged

Postby Saavick on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:36 pm

Bowgie wrote:
Saavick wrote:

There is a checkbox for "No Camera Bounce" in settings. It's not 100% in wolf or tiger form, but it helps.
Also, the new leet morph doesn't seem to bounce at all, and gives a nice crit and speed boost.

This actually works perfectly and fixes all my camera issues with morphs, but has a really strange side effect when equipping/unequipping a yalm. It's not as bad as morphs without this option, but since I use my yalm so often, I find it more noticable and prefer the option off.
Saavick_200_doctor_Nuclearmeany_190_nano-technician_Ryahna_131_adventurer_Achilla_60_soldier_
Lokuta_200_soldier_Sunilda_182_meta-physicist_Whaaaaaa_122_bureaucrat_Angrymueny_60_fixer_
Violentmeany_200_enforcer_Boesemueny_179_trader_Wildmeany_100_adventurer_Ealhswith_56_agent_
Angrymeany_200_engineer_Luettl_170_bureaucrat_Svanhvita_100_engineer_Enragedmeany_25_enforcer_
Vladja_200_agent_Haadriah_163_martial artist_Kvada_80_enforcer_Yngvildr_15_soldier_
Meany_200_fixer_Skathi_149_soldier_Babysaav_66_doctor____
Littlemeany_200_adventurer_Mueny_136_meta-physicist_Vladdy_64_trader____
Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Postby bronz on Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:57 pm

Oh, I'd ONLY discard advy b/c of the bounces. No disrespect to the prof here b/c other than bounces its everything you want in one package. Glad to hear you can remove them.

Now if I may make one more point for Fixer. These days you can't just head to any player city and take the whompa to clan/omni/neut town b/c the cities are simply not there. That means either /term return and wait out the stat loss or a long yalm ride to bliss (if you're clan) vs. 'its cool guys, I'll just put the entire team in the grid and we'll be back in seconds'. I think its really hard to beat fixer and although I assumed that the only reason he wanted a twink was to kill security guards for GA1, I'm sure a fixer will do nicely against both TIM and the director. After all, its really hard to lose when you can out run and heal w/ HoTs. It may not be sexy to snare the beer kegs and move a little down the hallway, but it beats tanking the whole lot of 'em + director. Director himself is actually sorta weak when his adds just sit there helplesly frozen. Truthfully a non-twinked fixer should beat director easily. And so maybe TIM takes a little longer b/c of root and shoot, or stand and tank on full def or whatever tactic he requires. A fixer can make up the time by rooting/snaring those anoying guards on the way to TIM whereas other profs (save crat) can't. Fixer is precise whereas enfo/advy are like wrecking balls. I'd say that from the last golfball a fixer can snare everything up to the director faster than wrecking ball profs can kill them (unless you just want to train everything like a noob, in which case fixer speed ftw anyways!).
bronz
Flagged
Flagged

Return to Dungeons / Quests