1/1 or Crits?

westin
Rookie
Rookie

1/1 or Crits?

Post by westin » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:36 am

I'm playing a leveling trader, and he's about 30 atm. I've read that getting your weapon 1/1 is vital, but so are crits? What ql vision enhancer should I get?

free-player
Rookie
Rookie

Re: 1/1 or Crits?

Post by free-player » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:42 am

westin wrote:I'm playing a leveling trader, and he's about 30 atm. I've read that getting your weapon 1/1 is vital, but so are crits? What ql vision enhancer should I get?
As high as possible ^^

Goldberg
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Goldberg » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:12 am

what weapon? what goal? (pvp/pvm/teaming/solo) expsntions or froob? after you have answered these ask yourself whats your playstyle... (more aggrasive, and dd, or deffensive) also breed counts too since crits = aggro and some breeds can handle better then others...

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:50 am

at level 30 and leveling, I would stick with 1/1.

Crits are better the higher level you are -OR- if you really twink your gear...but twinking your gear would be a waste if you were leveling.
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:40 am

You can calculate which option of the two will give you the best results in damage over time.

First you have to determine your average damage per hit (non-criticals) and your critical damage. If you know a lot about the mobs you will be fighting you can use a damage emulator like on auno, but the easier way would be to fight a mob you would typically fight for a while. Say you spend 10 minutes in totw killing mobs and watch your average damage per hit and your critical damage.
Let's say your average damage is 400 per hit and your critical hit is 1600. That means if you crit you will do 300% more damage. Let's say your scope adds 8% crit chance. This means that over 100 hits, 8 hits will now be a crit. 8% x 300% means your total damage goes up with 24%.

Since scopes generally comes with debuffs on initiatives, we now have to find out just how much damage you lose, if any at all, from equipping it.
Let's say you have a weapon with an attack speed of 2 seconds and a recharge speed of 2.5s and that your initiative skill is 450. Acording to Unity of the Rose's agg/def calculator your hit speed will be 1s/1s.
Let's say your 8% crit scope will decrease your initiative with 400 points, you'll have 50 left then. With the same calculator you can verify that your hit speed is now 1.66s/2.08s. So the time between hits decreased from 1s+1s = 2s to 1.66s+2.08s = 3.74s. This means a 47% drop in speed, or damage.

Now combine the gain from your extra crits with the possible loss in attackspeed.
Mulitplying the 24% gain with the 47% loss will get you a 34% damage loss to total speed. In this case, it would not be recommended to use the scope if you want to maximize your damage over time.

Fill in your own numbers to see if it would be worth it for you. :)
If you don't feel like calculating all this, which I could imagine, you best not use a crit scope. It's usually not worth it unless you have so high initiatives that you won't lose speed.
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

WeeScotsman
Hardened
Hardened

Post by WeeScotsman » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:06 am

A nice assesment.

On a more practical note, if you`re fighting run of the mill mobs where they drop in 3/4 normal hits...I`d avoid the crit scope.

Reason being ...when the crit comes and the mob dies in 1 hit its great.....when the crit just fails to come (i.e. those other 88/100 hits) you`re sitting there with a slow as treacle weapon...being pounded.

I`d save the crit scope for when you have enough init to wear it and still go 1/1...or your doing 170ish dynas that can take 100 hits.

Don`t forget `shutdown skills` every 2mins will give you 100% crit chance for3secs with no debuff.