At low level - just get a Neutrino Flash

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

At low level - just get a Neutrino Flash

Post by GDB2222 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:18 pm

At lvl 10 the BO-18 gun was starting to do poorly, so I upgraded to a Div 9. Boy, I wish I hadn't! The split reqs killed my IP. The only real advantage is that you can use the pre-made implants.

At level 30, I ditched the Div 9 and got the Neutrino Flash. Much, much more damage. I reset RE and got one or two level's worth of IP back. It would have been so much simpler just to go straight to the Neutrino.
Take it easy on the kid, SilverFox316; everybody kills Hitler on their first trip

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: At low level - just get a Neutrino Flash

Post by Saavick » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:32 pm

The neutrino flash is indeed very nice, at low level. When you reach 60-70ish you will find the damage not so impressive anymore.
Usually you end up with a div-9 or hellspinner or BBI Gyro by then. These weapons require an extra skill (RE for the div9, FA for the other two). RE is a green skill, FA is greenblue, you can afford raising this, just don't spend too much on nanoskills at low level.
Reflects aren't very powerful at low level yet so I prefer to not max MC/TS personally.

One other thing, I wouldn't personally ever use IPR's already at lvl 30.
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:27 am

Thanks, Saavick.

I am not sure whether the Hellspinner is that much of an improvement over this, particularly at lvl 71+? What's the FA recycle likely to be by the time you get to lvl 71? My little soldier is still doing well in Foreman's at lvl 30-40, but maybe there's no point trying to take him further if there isn't any decent froob armament past that point until you reach the end game? With enfo or MP you just move onto the decent COH weapons and beyond, but it all looks a bit arid for froob soldiers mid-game until you get a couple of blackbirds on, ofc.
Take it easy on the kid, SilverFox316; everybody kills Hitler on their first trip

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:25 am

I'm sure Sfery will chime in on this but until she does: The FA on the Hellspinner is horrible. Better than nothing but if you want to compare it to the expansion guns then you're gonna hate it. It's better than nothing but not by much... I suggest you start by reading Sfery's post here and then moving on down the thread a bit if you're looking for gun advice.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:32 pm

• I try to avoid slow weapons at low levels, and Div9 is definitively one of the real slowbies out there. Aside of Neutrino Flash, there are BBI Gyro, Eradicator XCI-52, and with a bit more Ranged Init the Nova Flow MkIV, which are fast enough and have decent damage.
  • Saavick mentioned possible guns after the Neutrino Flash. Due to it's overpowerdness it will come with tradeoffs whatever choice you pick.
  • TL2 and TL3 force you to prioritize on your skills (Saavick mentioned a possible route already); at least I never had a single char where running through these levels was without problems in terms of IP spending.
  • Tarra posted one of the many links here at the soldier forum for possible weapon routes, if you want to stick to AR+X. There is no gun directly stepping in after the Neutrino Flash which provides more power and uses the very same skill set (AR+Burst). I used a Nova Flow MkIV after the BO-18 up until the point where I exchanged it with a Nophex II. I focused on AR+RE and didn't max special attacks, nanoskills, evades and so on, but it worked out more or less (with a few shortcomings and "accidents"). Soloing was difficult/out of question until very high level, but I was ok with it, because in teams this didn't matter.
  • If you prefer going the soloing route, you will sooner or later end up with BBs for the very reason Tarra mentioned towards the end of the linked thread already. What you use before that is pretty much up to you and your playstyle preferences.
  • I really should restart the soldier guide; I've managed to destroy the existing one bar a few files which I used as a starting point :(

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:23 am

Sferykal wrote:
  • I really should restart the soldier guide; I've managed to destroy the existing one bar a few files which I used as a starting point :(
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *Deep breath* ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I may still have of the early stuff you showed me a while ago, I'll PM you if I find it somewhere. See, this is what happens when I don't harass you to finish your awesome guide.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:10 am

Tarradax wrote:Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *Deep breath* ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
I did the very same at the time I found out about it :(
Tarradax wrote:I may still have of the early stuff you showed me a while ago, I'll PM you if I find it somewhere. See, this is what happens when I don't harass you to finish your awesome guide.
While all the stuff I did inside the local phpBB is lost, everything else is still there, which inludes the samples online as well as all texts I did before dumping them into phpBB and the images. So it's not a complete wipe, fortunately. Still, a good number of hours of work went into bit heaven.