Neutrino Flash - Non Twink - How to get?

gcfmathew
Rookie
Rookie

Neutrino Flash - Non Twink - How to get?

Post by gcfmathew » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:45 pm

Alright, first off. Im a little confused with this site. I was under the impression this site was for froobs, yet every single post I see is relative to having a high level get you items and twinking the s*** out of yourself with a ton of money.

I barley find any info that someone who just started playing can use.

I.E. Neutrino Flash.

Everyone talks about getting this gun on a level 15-20...how the hell is this possible, if you only have a level 15-20 and not a mlllion of creds to pay for someone to run this.

My question is, what level do you need to be to either A) solo to get this weapon or B) smalles group of people to get it.

As of now I play with 2 friends with my solly. A doctor and an enforcer. How hard and when, could we 3, go and get this gun for myself...and if it's too hard for only 3, or if the wait to be the appropriate level will render the gun worthless, lowest possible legit/non twink setup to get this gun?

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Re: Neutrino Flash - Non Twink - How to get?

Post by WorldTrader » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:11 pm

Welcome to aofroobs btw =)

Just so there's no misinterpretation...this site primarily serves the FROOB population. That's the free to play players. The program is a couple years old now, so a lot of "froobs" have attained "high level". For froobs, high level is anything over level 150 in my opinion. Froobs is not to be confused with Newbs (aka Noobs, noobies, newbies, etc) who are players new to the game.

With that said, many established people do use higher level players as crutches. Many froobs do come into the game as a NEW player...many times they don't know any higher level players to help them out. It doesn't hurt to ASK on these forums. Froobs tend to help each other out like a meta-org ^^ just post your need, your dimension, and name...and makes some contacts :)
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

Ar1z
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Ar1z » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:58 pm

To answer your other question... you need to have a full team with doc and be over level 70 to get the weapon. Mobs at SoM have some nasty init debuffs and relative high spawn rate. At east FC decreased their HP a little.

Get to SoM and start following or even ask high level players to help you get the weapon. Just stay out of sight until they clear the way.
Arenas (lvl 199 Sol Omni Agent) / Zarenas (lvl 200 NM Neutral Engineer)
Kengin (lvl 154 Opi Neutral Engineer) / Nanolaser (lvl 100 NM Clan Soldier)
Obefix (lvl 69 Trox Neutral Fixer) / Arones (lvl 50 NM Neutral crat)
Bestsella (lvl 50 Sol Neutral trader)
Pocket buffing toons: NMenfo, Docaris, Metaphysto

matakishi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by matakishi » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:35 am

You can get as far as the Neutrino cave with a team of 50-60s, however, it will be quicker to ask a high level player to take you through, many will it's only a few minutes work for them. (If you are on Rimor /tell Ionbutterfly and I'll take you.)

The thing about SoM is it isn't a good dungeon, it was the first one on RK and is a mess. The scenery gets in the way, mobs appear that aren't there and everything has massive hit points and annoying affects. To cap it all, the only decent stuff drops from the boss who is stupidly hard for people to kill at the level where the stuff is useful to them. It isn't a good place to exploere (unlike the subway or Foreman's which I think are interesting places with stories to them).

Your best bet is to get help, steam through SoM, collect the gear and never go back until it's your turn to help another lowbie in years to come. There are many better places on RK to spend your time and enjoy the game.

Now, fitting the gun on; you can get buffs from others and wield the gun quite early on in your carreer but it will be over equipped and not function fully. Making some implants to give you the required skills will take a little time, not too much money and will allow you to use the gun at a slightly later stage but with more effect. Again, if you are on Rimor and work out what imps you will need I will make them for free, it takes very little time (and I don't need your money).

This is an excellent little program to help you design implants and will be invaluable if you continue to play AO.
http://www.lastmanut.pwp.blueyonder.co. ... elper.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:46 am

matakishi wrote:The thing about SoM is it isn't a good dungeon, it was the first one on RK and is a mess. The scenery gets in the way, mobs appear that aren't there and everything has massive hit points and annoying affects. To cap it all, the only decent stuff drops from the boss who is stupidly hard for people to kill at the level where the stuff is useful to them. It isn't a good place to exploere (unlike the subway or Foreman's which I think are interesting places with stories to them).
When was the last time you paid a visit to SoM? The HPs are ok now, but as Ar1z said the mobs respawn rather fast and there are much more around, too. If you go with a team I'd say bring a calmer ('crat, trader, NT) with you, that simplifies things massively. Some mobs can't be calmed, so step carefully in there.

As to what you need in there ... depends. You can probably do it with just the 3 of you at probably high ToTW levels, but you have to know what you are doing (which includes using the toolset of each profession involved). Alternatively go find a high level wrecking havoc in there; oftentimes engineers are used as they can warp you to the specific place (i.e. Notum Habit for the Neutrino Flash). I once helped a level 9 player to get the Neutrino Flash, I think he died one or two times in the attempt, though.

Best you try it out and see if you can do it, sometimes you need a couple attempts to get a "feeling" for the things, and you certainly will learn a thing or two in the process :)

Way more hairy are the Cyborg Barracks, where the Hellspinner drops. Aside of the fact the boss who drops the Hellspinner requires some special treatment, that dungeon is way more tightly packed with mobs and made out of extra small rooms with low ceilings. Social aggro, really high HPs (makes the SoM mobs look like gimps) and decent damage are the bane of every lower level player party hitting that place.

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:58 pm

Sferykal wrote:Way more hairy are the Cyborg Barracks, where the Hellspinner drops. Aside of the fact the boss who drops the Hellspinner requires some special treatment, that dungeon is way more tightly packed with mobs and made out of extra small rooms with low ceilings. Social aggro, really high HPs (makes the SoM mobs look like gimps) and decent damage are the bane of every lower level player party hitting that place.
You forgot about the TL5+ expansion players running into the place to tag the boss for the AI3 quest.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

matakishi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by matakishi » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:29 am

I was there yesterday since you ask. The HP is lower than it was but still too high to breeze through. I go there several times a month to help lowbies, it's never fun. I've been with toons of the 'correct' level for the place too, and that isn't fun either. It's best to avoid it, get help, get stuff, get out.

edited for spelling :(