Few questions about sense of froob soldier.

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: Few questions about sense of froob soldier.

Post by Sferykal » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Mixed primary weapon skills are always bad, because of conflicts in the implant setup and the resulting decrease of AR and/or nanoskills in one or more areas (see the problems of the AR+RE combo as a very common example).

The BigBurger ... damage range is 72, multiplied by like 3.6 is close to 260, that equals 2.6k ACs. That's what my non-twinked level 100 froob trader has. What does it mean? You will always hit for min damage (3), together with the damage adds, or to say it differently: You will hit for your damage add damage on each bullet. Crit bonus is 180, which results in close to 650 damage hits plus your damage add. And that's assuming you get enough AR for the 3.6x multiplier. Compare that to the usual guns ... it doesn't even get close.

Just leave the BigBurger to the expansion players :P (there are corner cases where it may come in handy, but definitively not for normal PvM/leveling situations)

Agentkay
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Agentkay » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:31 am

Froob soldier is one of the worst (if not at the bottom of the list itself) soloist imo
Yeah, you're "right", Soldier is one of the "Worst" soloist, I can't believe how my soldier can solo 3 lvl 240 sentries where my advy got splated easily.
Main: Yandriston lvl 199 Defensive Froob Soldier
Secondary: Agentkay lvl 200 Hybrid RifleMA Froob Agent
Other Alts:
Alicist lvl 187 Froob 1HB/Shield MP
Traderkay lvl 174 Gimp/Tradeskill Trader
Agentkayy lvl 215/21 Agent

Proud member of Newcomers Alliance

Kuegen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Kuegen » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:04 pm

Personally, i actually like split req weapons a lot. They have much lower reqs for their damage, and the loss in AR usually isnt enough to be significant. This will ofc changed in raids and very high QL missions. (my experience with split req weapons stops after borgs) even if the bigburger only works in a few cases, would still be a cool and very unique setup.
RK 2
Kuegen - 166 Trox 1he enfo
Pryceless - 144 NM trader
Logicfallacy - 103 NM MP
Alsaqri - 88 NM Agent
Wugger - 103 Opi fixer
and various others

RK1:
Priceless- RE trader experiment

WeeScotsman
Hardened
Hardened

Post by WeeScotsman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:23 am

Just to clarify the Bigburger doesn't have split requirements. I think Sferykal is talking about how it will be dualled with a Blinded Blackbird, therefore requiring implanted pistol and smg.

The bigburger does have a place as a possible (endgame) Advy offhand pistol, in that scenario its damage may be comparable to the BBB. However a soldier wielding a bigburger will be 'outgunned' by a soldier using a BBB in its place.

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:22 am

Kuegen wrote:Personally, i actually like split req weapons a lot. They have much lower reqs for their damage, and the loss in AR usually isnt enough to be significant. This will ofc changed in raids and very high QL missions. (my experience with split req weapons stops after borgs) even if the bigburger only works in a few cases, would still be a cool and very unique setup.
I used a split AR weapon on my soldier from level 15 to 175. Yes, the requirements are more spread on the split AR guns, hence overall lower compared to guns where the requirements are concentrated on less skills. In return you have a higher IP investment and the inevitable clashes in your implants. Especially after borgs the problems of the split AR become more and more obvious. It's a tradeoff, there were a number of other soldiers of similar level and most decided to go with a nanoskill here and there instead of going full weaponskill (which is what I did). They had higher survivability bought for less damage (the effect was visible). The moment I turned 175 I switched to pure AR guns and it felt like breaking some invisible chains which were wrapped around me.

However, that doesn't mean I discourage the use of split AR guns. I just want to see everyone being aware of the consequences and the choices they have to make in that context.
WeeScotsman wrote:Just to clarify the Bigburger doesn't have split requirements. I think Sferykal is talking about how it will be dualled with a Blinded Blackbird, therefore requiring implanted pistol and smg.
There are indeed different forms of "split" AR; they both result in setup problems due to cluster collisions and other setup tradeoffs.
The bigburger does have a place as a possible (endgame) Advy offhand pistol, in that scenario its damage may be comparable to the BBB. However a soldier wielding a bigburger will be 'outgunned' by a soldier using a BBB in its place.
I really like to see a froob setup where the BigBurger actually deals at least about equal damage comparable to any other froob endgame setup. I doubt the specials on the BigBurger will be able to compensate for the partially massive loss in normal damage. Maybe the specials will yield some advantage in PvP (i.e. specials are not affected by drained inits), but duh ... I don't really believe in it.

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:54 pm

I've splitted off the last few posts and moved them to the advy forums. You can discuss the proposed advy FA setup here. :)
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:51 am

Saavick wrote:I've splitted off the last few posts and moved them to the advy forums. You can discuss the proposed advy FA setup here. :)
"Information

You are not authorised to read this forum."

You are a meany! Plxfix! :D

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:55 am

Sferykal wrote:
Saavick wrote:I've splitted off the last few posts and moved them to the advy forums. You can discuss the proposed advy FA setup here. :)
"Information

You are not authorised to read this forum."

You are a meany! Plxfix! :D
I saw it earlier too, I've made a 'Whaaaaa Snarf help me please' post in the mod section :D I'm too nubi to fix this myself ;)
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

snarfblatt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snarfblatt » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:56 am

/fixed
Rubi-Ka 2 (Rimor)
Snarfblatt (Engie) - Ex-President - Knights of Ka
Studmuffin (Advie)
Beatinstik (Enforcer)
Roleo (Soldier)
Schemp (MP)
McLuvvin (Keeper)
Jamesblatt (Agent)
Snarfette (Engie)
Misokute (Doctor)
Snarftech (NT)
Snarfix (Fixer)
Rubi-Ka 1 (Atlantean)
Snarfblatt (Engie)

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:59 pm

Saavick wrote:I saw it earlier too, I've made a 'Whaaaaa Snarf help me please' post in the mod section :D I'm too nubi to fix this myself ;)
Sometimes I wonder... is the goal of the mods to make Snarf's task lighter or heavier?
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever