Spirits - twinking - gah!!!!!!

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Spirits - twinking - gah!!!!!!

Post by GDB2222 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:30 pm

I am a bit lost with my first shade, so please help me.

First, I've got to level 25 - great I can use the composite buffs. No! My SI & PM are too low. Well, just slip in some decent implants, I mean spirits. But where to get them from? If I have to collect them from player shops, that's 10 trips, that will take me a day, and where's the play value in that, especially if I update them every 10/15 levels?

Second, computer literacy. Still around 100 unbuffed, so not even a 4 slot belt, let alone a GCB. What am I doing wrong?

Third, still using the ql 15 notum infused dagger thingies from the training ground. Should I be looking at energy rapiers?

Fourth, I've just picked up a load of ql 25 or so nanos, but my stats are too low to cast them. I guess I need better spirits, but where to get them from?

On the plus side, with a decent adventurer damage buff, this shade does a lot of damage really fast. On the minus side when the damage buff wears off, he's a bit gimpy.

Any help gratefully received, thanks.

Budlevis
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Budlevis » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:37 pm

Nothing wrong with your CL skill only can use Expertise to buff it so kinda gimped there. Spirits drop of spirit mobs (never would have guessed) that are all over the place in SL, spirit dungeons are a good place to camp.
Strong Bad wrote: I bet this thing could release some serious cacodemons!
RK1 Freshman Budlevis- level 220/18 MP member of newcomers alliance.
RK1 Caroslin- level 153/5 crat also member of newcomers alliance.

Current pet names
Attack: Minsc
Mezz: Miniature Giant Space Hamster
Heal: Xzar

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:18 pm

Yes, I've picked up some spirits that way, but all pretty low level.

I also use a spirit syphon most kills but I have no real way of knowing if it helps.

Budlevis
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Budlevis » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:19 pm

Yeah u have to kill higher lvl spirits for the desecent spirits but to bad there lvl locked
Strong Bad wrote: I bet this thing could release some serious cacodemons!
RK1 Freshman Budlevis- level 220/18 MP member of newcomers alliance.
RK1 Caroslin- level 153/5 crat also member of newcomers alliance.

Current pet names
Attack: Minsc
Mezz: Miniature Giant Space Hamster
Heal: Xzar

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:35 am

3 ways I got spirits for my shade:

First, I enslaved a NT to harvest them for me. He got me about 4 bags of spirits ranging from spirits for right now to spirits I can wear in 30 levels - After sorting, I found out that I now have the vast majority of spirits I'll need.
Second, When I kill mobs, I always use a siphon. I found some pretty rare spirits that way, great way to fill the gap I had or sell off extras.
And last, the remaining couple spirits I didn't have, I bought on GMS.

As for the CL... Live with it. Your CL will always be gimpy compared to any other prof, and it'll always be an uphill battle to get all the deck goodies you want. On the brighter side, shades don't use alot of NCU - And there are other ways (Such as Carb, CoH collar and Sanctuary keys) to add a little more NCU if you really need it.

The Notum-Infused daggers are a bit outdated by level 25, but energy rapiers are very expensive - Assuming you can even get a couple at a QL you can use. So I suggest you go check out the garden vendors for SigD - They aren't as good as AI rapiers, but much cheaper and still better than the notum daggers.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Lumikissa
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Lumikissa » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:58 am

Also Newland Fish Knives are quite decent weapons for a shade. I should have few in my bags. About the right QL for you in just few more levels. Also Tango dirks can be bought off a trader shop in several QLs and then convert them into improved tango dirks which are quite deadly weapons.

When it comes to spirits I know it's really hard to find some decent spirits without teaming with other people. I got my spirits from lv120+ mobs in some spirit dungeons deep in SL. Level 200 shade took me there and killed everything so I could just pick up everything I wanted. Retired my shade later, so now I have one bag full of spirits around level req 80-100. and also tattoos for clan shade around level 100. They're all for sale if anyone needs.
Also have some Newland knives and Imp Tango Dirks of the same QL.
RK2 OP TL4 Fixer 'Deschanel' in the making.

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:00 am

Thanks for those very helpful replies. To summarise:

1. Get some sigds/tango dirks/fish knives.

2. Get a higher lvl toon to harvest some spirits - where's a good place to do that? There are some in the temple area north of frontier bridge. Moving on from there and maybe going a bit higher ql, where's good?

3. Don't worry about the CL.

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:41 am

Lumikissa wrote:Also Newland Fish Knives are quite decent weapons for a shade. I should have few in my bags. About the right QL for you in just few more levels. Also Tango dirks can be bought off a trader shop in several QLs and then convert them into improved tango dirks which are quite deadly weapons...
The problem with NFK/ITD is the brawl req. I've used pairs of ITDs for a while, but the brawl req just drained my IP and I gave up on them in favour of SigDs - ITD damage is pretty good though, so if you can afford spending IP on a skill you won't need later (Or be prepared to spend an IPR) then go for them. I'd still suggest SigDs, though.
GDB2222 wrote:2. Get a higher lvl toon to harvest some spirits - where's a good place to do that? There are some in the temple area north of frontier bridge. Moving on from there and maybe going a bit higher ql, where's good?
Ergo in Scheol is a great place to farm lowbie spirits. After that you can move on to the spirit dungeons in Adonis/Penumbra/Inferno as you outgrow your spirits and need new ones.

/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

jato
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jato » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:27 am

What about Die Kleine Nadel? I think they are SL boss loot (not 100% tho) And look pretty decent, and have nice mods
Kiytan
Damrukh - Red Dead Subway Twink
Warpette - Warps on the move.

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:13 am

jato wrote:What about Die Kleine Nadel? I think they are SL boss loot (not 100% tho) And look pretty decent, and have nice mods
DKN drop from dyna bosses in SL, totally random droprate and totally random QLs. L-Hand only sorta limits the usefullness, but still makes a nice off-hand weap with a rapier or a SigD.

bakadeshi
Flagged
Flagged

Post by bakadeshi » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:20 pm

DKN look kind of ugly though
~RK1
Rubennib - 220 keeper
Gelitche - 174 agent
Rubedoc - 220 doctor
Darooses - 220 'crat
Argartri - 150 shade
Thankyou - 150 advy
Rooses - 151 keeper
itchuber - 37 trader (mule) (froob)
kellamic - 49 nt (froob)

jm~
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jm~ » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:15 pm

I've found your not really hurting for spirits early on, shouldn't need to fully update every 10-15 levels. I'm 60 with only two lvl59 reqs and mostly lvl30-44 reqs from siphoning while grinding.

DKN's looks aside, they can be found on GMS for relatively cheap, 100k range. (Wish Bloodlust was like that =D ) I'm working on putting a QL115 on soon to go with my QL84 Eye-gouger.

lasthrsman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lasthrsman » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:51 pm

I wonder why nobody has mentioned the Fear-Forged Blade.

It does decent damage (Chem), has a 5% chance to proc a minor DoT, nice fast speed, I equipped them with a minor wrangle at lvl 30 (got a 46 point wrangle from orgmate).

Plus, as they each buff piercing by 20 points, you probably won't OE once you squeeze them on.

They drop from 'Unrelenting Fear' in Steps Of Madness. Supposedly a rare drop, But I picked up two of them in three kills.

Tehsummoner
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Tehsummoner » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:03 pm

You could also find spirits near Ergo's cave in Elysium. There's a place, just a bit north of the entrance, but be carefull, there are about 20+ spirits, and a few Kolanas, all tightly packed, and fast respawning.

If i remember correctly, they drop spirits around level req 50-70ish.
Tehsummoner • meta
[Droppler • fix] [Ancientguard • enf]
[
Bulletcam • agent] [MasterWelder • engi]
[
Sacriffice • trader] [MiniTeh • meta]

Vabla
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Vabla » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:53 am

lasthrsman wrote:I wonder why nobody has mentioned the Fear-Forged Blade.
Because back then it did 11-25 (46) damage?

P.S. NECRO
Vabla AKA Bliaha is LOST between worlds
It's PONY time! Find me on dArt