MP heal pets nano and other questions

Joozie
Flagged
Flagged

MP heal pets nano and other questions

Post by Joozie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:52 am

Hello! I'm starting out a MP character and having lots and lots of fun with it.
I searched a bit, but couldn't find an answer easily so I'll just go ahead and ask it.

The heal pet runs out of nano, and then what do you typically do? Do you terminate all your pets and recast all of them?
I was wondering if there is a way to terminate just one of your pets without having to terminate all of them at the same time?

When I started I felt like pet professions are not for me, but first I tried crat and loved it, now I'm trying MP and love it. I guess I was wrong. :o
kinda going back and forth between the two realms :P
MA highest toon still trying to level, stuck at lvl100 gimp
so many countless alts :)

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: MP heal pets nano and other questions

Post by Saavick » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:15 am

If you specify the name of your healpet, only that one will be terminated.
For example /pet "Restite" terminate.
Buffing your pet with a nanocost reduction buff helps to prolong it a bit :)
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:16 am

You can give commands to each pet separately. This accounts for /pet terminate but also for attack, heal, ... all other commands. This way you don't have your heal pet whine "I can't do that for you Master" every time you attack and analogous for your attack pet healing ;).

How? /pet "<name here>" terminate
You can use %t instead of it's name so it kills the pet you target.
You can rename your pets ( /pet %t rename "Mighty Meatball") so you don't have to change your macros every time you get a new pet. [/macro ATTACK! /pet "Mighty Meatball" attack] can be used forever then ;)
It's ages ago I played MP, so I had a little help from this site to help you: http://www.gameguides.ws/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You probably can find a lot of useful stuff over there too :D.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Joozie
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Joozie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:38 am

Thank you lots Saavick and EDTA.
That solves my problem completely! for now anyways :)

Oh and I forgot we can buff our pets. Thank you for the info.

I'm going ahead and making a macro for terminate.

Thanks again. :notworthy:

idef
Flagged
Flagged

Post by idef » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:56 pm

And same terminate macro can be used to release only one crat charm too (as long as their names are different).
/macro term /pet "%t" terminate
Don't ask me, I just lurk here... and post mostly webdev stuff. What was this forum about again?
Idef 174 fixer / Badhorse 200 crat with the hat / Aidef 220/30/70 fixer (this one might be paid)

Joozie
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Joozie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:57 am

oh that make sense. good to know that too. thank you! :notworthy:

i sometimes miscalculate the short and long charms to a terrible outcome..I think I can manage better somewhat after knowing that :) maybe...

SceneGG
Amateur
Amateur

Post by SceneGG » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:03 am

I use scripts for some of my pet commands. One for naming all the pets in one go, and one is a follow command that also makes the healpet heal (have to target self for this one). The latter is essential for when zoning, as all the pets automatically resort back to Guard stance.

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:39 am

Joozie wrote: i sometimes miscalculate the short and long charms to a terrible outcome..I think I can manage better somewhat after knowing that :) maybe...
If you use the PET INFO window...you can see what buffs are running on your pets. You can also see duration buffs for the short and long term charms. Just hover your cursor over it and it will give you time remaining.

In case you didn't know, you can get to your PET INFO window by going to ACTIONS > PET INFO
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

teeko
Flagged
Flagged

Post by teeko » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:20 am

SceneGG wrote:I use scripts for some of my pet commands. One for naming all the pets in one go, and one is a follow command that also makes the healpet heal (have to target self for this one). The latter is essential for when zoning, as all the pets automatically resort back to Guard stance.
my mp is 138 and i spend quite a bit of time on him...i thought they only reset when u logged in/out though...maybe they do reset to guard on zoning but i guess i just never noticed as when i start a fight i always hit my /pet heal macro anyways...just in case of course :) but i guess i may have just never noticed they reset on zone

Joozie
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Joozie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:05 pm

Thanks WorldTrader, I do use the Pet info window, but sometimes I just simply space out and not check the remaining time on long before casting short... :P

Since I'm not that high lvl yet, the mobs setting free and turning on me isn't much of a threat as of yet, since we've got good calms... but I just alternate between many characters every other day that I often space out and forget about the calms and run around and go all over the place :oops:

I've made a macro to terminate a targeted pet, and that's been working so well. I am happy for now. ^^
I'm going to look into this macro making a bit more.

--->off to some more reading about macros :glasses11:

Ferengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ferengi » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:27 pm

The top heal pet doesn't run out of nano.

The others all do, the nano cost reduction might help somewhat (never noticed significant healing time increase).

It wasn't too much of a problem back before 2 hr timers, they tended to disappear shortly after running out (but back then, after a conversation with Metaing, I always added the nano cost reducer).

You should look into pet OE, trader wrangles and bootstrapping buffs...after all, an AI MP can pop top pets out in the lvl 70s and a froob can bootstrap them at lvl ~100.
Adios, thanks for the fish

Ahndracorvid
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Ahndracorvid » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:03 am

Ferengi wrote:The top heal pet doesn't run out of nano.

The others all do, the nano cost reduction might help somewhat (never noticed significant healing time increase).
I might be wrong but if you're talking about Mortificant rather than Belamorte, I think it's actually a perk that makes the pet never run out of nano. If you have expansions and perk Soothing Spirits all the way up to 10, amongst other buffs it reduces the nanopoint cost of the healpet's heal nano down to 1. Which is why /pet report still lists Morti's nanopool as being at 100% even after 2 hours of constant healing. :)

For froobs, I'm pretty sure Belamorte's nanopool does go down.

Ferengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ferengi » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 am

Ahndracorvid wrote:For froobs, I'm pretty sure Belamorte's nanopool does go down.
Nope, been using it for a over a year without once losing healing....and since Morty is lvl locked to 207, I don't see how someone reading my post carefully could think I meant anything but Bela when I say things such as 'lvl 70s', etc.
Adios, thanks for the fish

Ahndracorvid
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Ahndracorvid » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:04 am

Ferengi wrote:Nope, been using it for a over a year without once losing healing....and since Morty is lvl locked to 207, I don't see how someone reading my post carefully could think I meant anything but Bela when I say things such as 'lvl 70s', etc.
Check "/pet report" after Belamorte has been out and healing for a while, its nanopool probably won't be at 100%. :) I agree that you'll rarely be in a situation where Bela runs out of nano before it times out, but the idea that it could potentially run out just like the other lower pets is still there. This is why I got confused and mentioned Mortificant, because I thought you were implying that it's impossible for Bela to run out of nano. Which in theory isn't always true for Bela, but might be for Morti. :P