Interesting Phenomenon With The Attack Meatball(s)

Mapleforcer
Hardened
Hardened

Interesting Phenomenon With The Attack Meatball(s)

Post by Mapleforcer » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:55 pm

Ok, so, let's say I have the starter-up meatball. Anger Manifestation? It will hit a, lets say, toxic floaters, with a certain speed [ no buffs]. When newly casted this speed may be ok, but as time goes on {100 secs}, it will start attacking veeeerrryyy slowly when I press 3 (attack).

Now, lets say I oopm up my matter creations, and summon a Fury Externalization. Now, this pet, I notice, hits the, say, Toxic Floaters slighlty faster. It doesnt wait half an hour after I pres 3 (attack).

Wierd stuff, eh?

Also, on my advy, on a team mission, one of the leet mp's have a demon. Lemur, I think. W/e. Supposedly, the monster is supposed to hit slower that a meatball, right? [One fist vs Two blah blah.] But no! From the advy's point of view, the demon is swining his fists like there's no tommorow!!!!

So what's going on here dudes? :o

Itsaclown
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Itsaclown » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:43 pm

Pets have an attack rating too ^.^
It won't tell you when pets miss.

Mapleforcer
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Mapleforcer » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:46 am

What has attack rating got to do with init?

-----

Hold on, your hinting that the pet is simply missing? Strange... I mean, that could be the thing, but I'm inclined to think it slow rather than missing....

But thanks for the eh input clown!

intrus
Hardened
Hardened

Post by intrus » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:01 am

the most weird thing i noticed with pets (cacodemon at least) is when hunting dynas bosses, any level they nuke my pet for 1050 even a lvl 20 dyna.
And yeah pets can miss, and they miss a lot vs evades mobs/players (thx evocation)

Vabla
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Vabla » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:14 am

*strolls around with his green slayer* I never noticed pets missing :P

Do you by chance move on to toxic bloaters rather than floaters after that "certain time" when the pet starts attacking slower? Oh and the meatball's attack animation is way slower than it's actual attacks (or at least that's what I remember). Use the damage reports on your chat to compare it's attack frequency with your own to see if it gets slower or not. And don't forget to buff your pets :P
Vabla AKA Bliaha is LOST between worlds
It's PONY time! Find me on dArt

naideck
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by naideck » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:57 am

intrus wrote:the most weird thing i noticed with pets (cacodemon at least) is when hunting dynas bosses, any level they nuke my pet for 1050 even a lvl 20 dyna.
That is simply a balancing issue to prevent lvl 100 pet owners from soloing lvl 200 dynas. The nuke scales with the level of the pet, and is always cast when the boss hits the pet.
Last edited by naideck on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
RK2
metacrest-main
bloodcrest-Doc alt used for IC and SFA.
flashcrest-GA toon

99% retired now. OSSM ftl

Vabla
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Vabla » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:54 am

It was "balancing" when the dynas came out. Now it's just a pet nerf as you can solo lvl 200 dynas at lvl 100 with expansions. Just takes forever.
Vabla AKA Bliaha is LOST between worlds
It's PONY time! Find me on dArt

Ferengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ferengi » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:08 pm

Mapleforcer wrote:What has attack rating got to do with init?
Everything.

Since you only see an animation for a successful hit. Unsuccessful hits mean the pet stays motionless, which fools noobs into thinking that the meatball attacks slow.
Adios, thanks for the fish