The Best MA Setup for lvl 200

Stoeger
Amateur
Amateur

The Best MA Setup for lvl 200

Post by Stoeger » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:57 am

Ok i have some plans here and i hope they work, could use any help with this setup ty all in advance :D Planning on PVM solo.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=174380
Wilhelm - 200 Martial Artist
Stoeger - 200 Trader
Franken - 160+ Doctor

NIHTILAH

Derenbruder
Flagged
Flagged

Re: The Best MA Setup for lvl 200

Post by Derenbruder » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:25 am

another Tokenboard, morphing Memory, 220-240 yutto Mems are possible, well.... ql 200 implants?? think about, Boots of the Dancing King, Penumbra Tuaq?? u go fire dmg.. not cold!!.

not a bad setup but its a standard one ;)

Bhima
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Bhima » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:33 am

I try to do same with my main character (agent 200, pvm with mimic trader).
Thanks for informations, i didn't know Finely Refined Notum and Penumbra Tuaq. I will try to find them.

You could use refined implant for better buffs, i should equip QL 217-243.
HI board is better.

Stoeger
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Stoeger » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:55 am

Derenbruder wrote:another Tokenboard, morphing Memory, 220-240 yutto Mems are possible, well.... ql 200 implants?? think about, Boots of the Dancing King, Penumbra Tuaq?? u go fire dmg.. not cold!!.

not a bad setup but its a standard one ;)
I will deal with implants later, i am very lazy you know^^. And, Penumbra Tuaq is for Torturing Tool, but if i wear the bracer of fire does the + cold dmg still remain on? Or the mods from Penumbra Tuaq are canceled upon wearing bracer? Interesting question
Stoeger - 200 Trader
Franken - 160+ Doctor

NIHTILAH

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Stoeger wrote:And, Penumbra Tuaq is for Torturing Tool, but if i wear the bracer of fire does the + cold dmg still remain on? Or the mods from Penumbra Tuaq are canceled upon wearing bracer? Interesting question
Afaik there are two rules of thumb in this context: (1) The damage type change is applied before checking the damage adders and (2) the damage type change applied last is the one which counts (as such effects have no stacking order). This also means that your fist nanos will play a role in all this. If you want to make sure things are like you want them, re-equip the Tuaq everytime you zoned and after you (re-)casted a fist nano ... :shock:

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:18 am

I'm not sure what sferykal is saying, but as far as I know, you can only do cold damage if you do not equip bracer of recondite flames AND do not cast a fist buff. Both will change your damage to something else than cold damage. (Though if you have bracer equipped, cast fist buff, cancel fist buff, you will also do original damage, but I don't think you want to do this for the 250AC's from the bracer).

(Sferykal, are you being confused and thinking that the Tuaq changes damage type to cold?)

The only +damage type that will be useful is the damage type you will be doing in the end. Both Bracer and Fists of Stellar Harmony change damage type to fire, so you probably will be doing fire damage and only care for +Fire damage modifiers.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Stoeger
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Stoeger » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:28 am

EDTA wrote:I'm not sure what sferykal is saying, but as far as I know, you can only do cold damage if you do not equip bracer of recondite flames AND do not cast a fist buff. Both will change your damage to something else than cold damage. (Though if you have bracer equipped, cast fist buff, cancel fist buff, you will also do original damage, but I don't think you want to do this for the 250AC's from the bracer).

(Sferykal, are you being confused and thinking that the Tuaq changes damage type to cold?)

The only +damage type that will be useful is the damage type you will be doing in the end. Both Bracer and Fists of Stellar Harmony change damage type to fire, so you probably will be doing fire damage and only care for +Fire damage modifiers.
Ok, that clears things up now. Thank you very much for the feedback :) Fire ftw!
Stoeger - 200 Trader
Franken - 160+ Doctor

NIHTILAH

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:11 am

EDTA wrote:Sferykal, are you being confused and thinking that the Tuaq changes damage type to cold?
Whoups, yes, looks like I did :shock: Thanks for cleaning the mess up :D