Let's be frank...

Mapleforcer
Hardened
Hardened

Let's be frank...

Post by Mapleforcer » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:19 pm

Ok, I really like ma's. The problem is... :help: :help: :help:

Ma's are kinda gimpy. You guys know how advy's are like docs only with a bit more dd? Well ma's have even less heals...

So this kinda got stuck in my head. Can ma's do missions by themselves at high levels? Like, 180's? 200's? Do evades really get good? I mean... I must admit this is kinda a sorry post but...I really like my ma but don't feel like investing in a toon that's gonna be mediocre at best... :oops:

Nedylene
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Let's be frank...

Post by Nedylene » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:52 pm

Highlevel MA's are far from gimpy.
Top damagedealer most of the time. High evades, so they are hard to hit and they have no trubble solo most things.
Most of the time it is find mob, press q, go get coffee
RK1 - Atlantean
Lise "Gimpeline" Evergreen - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist Omni-Mining
Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Engineer Omni-Mining
Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood R.U.R
Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd Omni-Pol
Sweetrox Leveling Froob Enfo. Hoping to get him to 200 soon (LVL 183 and counting)
Proud member of LPA

LaraCroftsLeftBoob
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by LaraCroftsLeftBoob » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:34 am

ma's are very good solo-ers. we don't have as good of heals as advys and docs, because we don't need them. we evade the hits altogether. ma's are some of the best damage dealers in the game. shades are really the only prof that ODs us. the reason you probably feel gimpy is because we don't use weapons until high lvls. our weapons are our fists. while other profs can twink on higher lvl weapons and do more dmg at lower lvls we can't. but at higher lvls we hit harder than their weapons do. add in the crits, which for ma's are really good, and we are killing machines.

Mapleforcer
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Mapleforcer » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:00 pm

:D

I'm feeling better already!

:D

Kingsama
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Kingsama » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:37 pm

the only time ma's really suffer to my knowledge, and i use the word suffer loosely here, is in late tl5 where you have a huge chunk of levels where you can no longer up you attack, and others can twink on better weapons. But even then MA's can shine both in team and solo...

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:36 pm

Eh, if you want to be top DD roll a sharkman or shade (If you have expansions anyway). 20k-25k perkchain every 30s or 15k FA every 11s + 7-9k Burst every 9s is not easy to OD even with extensive crit chains. Still on a purely fr00b scale, MAs do well enough - Can definetly solo and do decent damage.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Mapleforcer
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Mapleforcer » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:30 pm

W00t I got tarra to post! :laughing3:

That being said, if I had expansions, we would not be having this conversation. Instead, I would be dinging alien level 30 on my keeper.