Lvl 60 Temple fr00b

AceRoccola
Rookie
Rookie

Lvl 60 Temple fr00b

Post by AceRoccola » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:13 am

So, I don't have much of a problem in the Temple, can solo Nematet, GOT, so on. Of course, I can't touch Aztur, but what's new :lol:

Still though, I can't shake the feeling that I'm vastly underpowered when some MA on my level can run in and OD me like I wasn't even there. So I wanted to ask you kind people what I could do to make my fr00ber more...uber. Basically, what essential damage-dealing items should I have in order to increase my lethality?

edit:

my setup if curious: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=57793

And I have ql 100 imps in.
Last edited by AceRoccola on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Post by hahnsoo » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:14 am

Do you have a Bracer of Recondite Flames? That, along with Fists of Fire buff will increase your damage by a lot. Also, make sure your MA is maxed out as high as it will go with imps and Nanoprograms. You might want to consider twinking on a high level crit scope, too.

At this point, you probably don't have the nanoskills to use the above items, but you can get wrangles/MP nanobuffs to equip/cast them. Maybe. *shrugs* I'm sure there are other ways to increase damage that others can think of.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

AceRoccola
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AceRoccola » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:02 am

Alright thanks, I'll look into obtaining said bracelet. You get it in CoH right?

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:19 am

Purely focussing on damage you might want to consider rings of power.

Also, check Metallic Mantis armour, it adds damage with every piece. The above suggested gloves are better then these gloves but still the rest is quite good. Note that only the qls ~75 to ~135 exist in-game but with agility and strength buffed and implanted it should be wearable.

Your setup shows no implants so I can't tell if it's better then what you wear now but for a MA the touch of the gripper seems rather good.
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:44 am

either Metalic mantis + energy damage fist or Bracer of recondite flame + fist of flame + 2 ring of power element ...

+ try to wringle into a gamboling master wear ...

and gumboil :)
RK1, Omni and General of Newcomers Alliance

GridPain Fixer TL5 Frank Nfurter : Doc TL5 (pvp version)
JimProfit : Level 100 Crat (foreman helper)
New leveling crat : Coredumped

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

AceRoccola
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AceRoccola » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:10 pm

Saavick wrote:Purely focussing on damage you might want to consider rings of power.

Also, check Metallic Mantis armour, it adds damage with every piece. The above suggested gloves are better then these gloves but still the rest is quite good. Note that only the qls ~75 to ~135 exist in-game but with agility and strength buffed and implanted it should be wearable.

Your setup shows no implants so I can't tell if it's better then what you wear now but for a MA the touch of the gripper seems rather good.
Yeah sorry I didn't fill those out, my imps are 100, and I do have touch of the gripper in.

Mantis armor looks rather nice, I'll have to consider getting some if I can handle the price !_!
Weeping Willow wrote:either Metalic mantis + energy damage fist or Bracer of recondite flame + fist of flame + 2 ring of power element ...

+ try to wringle into a gamboling master wear ...

and gumboil :)
I'll also consider going for gmw, thanks. But...[newb] What's gumboil? [/newb]

Iqsar
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Iqsar » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:24 pm

I had a lvl 60 totw froob MA "twink"

not really uber but it was my best back then and it was fun, thats all that matters right. I didnt got much problem od'ing others, then again I never had to compete against the tier1/silken/panter/cleaver/tiig/chiro or slayer twinks.

Focus on getting your MA skill as high as possible. Implant it. If you like step up the treatment implants so you can get QL150 on. From my experience Touch of the gripper did more then a QL150 right arm implant so go for that.

Other items that are important are gamboling master wear and the brother brass knuckles. They buff MA skill.

MA depend on crit. Get a crit scope, but one that doesnt nerf your evades too much. I got a +5% low light targettting scope, but only cuz I didnt knew how to buff perception back then (silly me, the best buffable skill in game :P )

If you got creds/highlevel alt to farm, then get a full set of MAntis armor. It buffs +energy damage. And since MA can change their damage type, it will buff your damage. I ended up with a set of QL80-100 ish. Use the energy damage nano. (fist of shocking something iirc cant acces auno from work ><)

DONT raise matter met, so you got enough IP to cast MA mastery.

Ultimately I ended up with somewhere around 560 MA skill if im correct, and 610 with perks (I upgraded a few months later). Damage ranged was around 350 per hit and 1.3k /1.4 crits if i recall correctly, which is more then enough for the average totw service.
- Roxton 220/24/70 nanomage enf
- Gigahertz 140 ish Trox enf
- Gigapower lvl 60 froob enf

hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Post by hahnsoo » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:33 pm

[newb] What's gumboil? [/newb]
Kizzermole Gumboil, also from the Crypt of Home, from the many many Kizzermoles in that dungeon. It requires Sharp Object and Psychology. Does terrific damage, (Chemical 660-1980) but it may not be worth the IP/implant investment to get your Sharp Object (mostly worthless) and Psychology up to par. You'd be able to use it every 30s and do a nice bonus hit on top of your Brawl. Great for PvP, btw.

Overall, I'd say that the Bracer of Recondite Flames (average price 500k to 1m, max price 2m) is probably more cost effective than going all out on Mantis armor (1m per piece), but if you can swing the credits, the Mantis armor might do more damage (especially if you can't cast Fists of Fire at all).
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:45 am

I did the math for my MA twink at the time, and a full set of Mantis (Except for the gloves) + Notum Rings (2 rings, camped them forever) + Energy fists = More damage than Fists of fire + Recondite flames, and that's without saba bracers.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Ferengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ferengi » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:45 am

Saavick wrote:check Metallic Mantis armour, it adds damage with every piece. The above suggested gloves are better then these gloves but still the rest is quite good. Note that only the qls ~75 to ~135 exist in-game but with agility and strength buffed and implanted it should be wearable.
I have QL70 Mantis on my lvl 24 Subway twink, and I make the 80% requirement. But then at lvl 24, I have QL90 implants too. It's +73 damage at the moment, and he rips thru all but Abby. Going to setup on my LE toon, since those LE pistols are matching the damage of the twink. I should try it on an MA too some time.

Creds are a common problem, with many solutions. DM loot rights, IS passes, etc.

A level 60 player should be looking into the mid 100s for implants. I have a lvl 44 MP in rebuild that is easily putting in 125s. The basic plan is roughly:

Get the best treatment into head,eye, right hand. Keep updating those three as required. Use Nano Nanny to design some agility based imps.

Buff up your agility and stamina with nanos, cushions and rifles. Work around the agility and stamina implants with each depending on the other. For the leg, make it stamina based as you can get that buffed higher. Being clan helps here, as you can wear two Rings of Tir.

Work out the other implants, generally making them agility basis, as those imp locations tend not to conflict with other needed skills. For an MA, that might change. Fill in the other slots, which should be doable with the highest possible implants. There are lots of little tricks that you learn when you think you are in a corner and a point or two short. Never forget about trickledown, and keep track of which imps can be freely removed.

Look at pulling out the treatment imps for whatever needs to go in those three slots, which you pull first is situational dependent. Finally, you might need to pull out the basis imps too, their replacements will be the weakest.
Adios, thanks for the fish

snakeye
Flagged
Flagged

Post by snakeye » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:01 am

Funny i am working at the same thing atm well kind of.

This is mine cure setup.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=57971

With is i have about 520 MA buffed. Still a long way from the 560 i saw earlyer. When i get mine 125 ql feets in ut will be around 536.

Funny thing is i got the bracer from coh ( by camping with mine Engie)
And the fist of fire nano only yesterday) en now i read this treat that is one of the thingies to buff damage so i was on the right track. Should i replace the right arm implant with touch of the gripper tho?
Rimor:

Lvl 174 Clan Adv snakeye15
Lvl 110 Neutral Engie snakepit

lvl 60 Omni MA Kungfujane http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=57971

Lvl 24 clan Fixer Speedybabe Http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=64607

Lvl 100 Clan Trader snaketrader

AceRoccola
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AceRoccola » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:24 pm

Thanks for all the advice guys, I'll be spending some time working over my character for awhile.

Btw, anyone want to sell me a set of mantis armor? :lol:

Tyranii
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tyranii » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:19 pm

Wrong server, or else I probably could :wink:
Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
Panzerzus, 72/0 Omni Froob Atrox Enfrocer
Opitrade2, 45/0 Omni Froob Opifex Trader
Imatroxdoc, 44/0 Omni Froob Atrox Doctor

Paid toons:
Ruffixx, 220/30/64 Omni Opifex Fixer
Pugilius, 205/29/57 Omni Opifex MA
Vindicius, 189/16/45 Omni Atrox Enforcer
Medeor, 188/22/36 Neutral Solitus Doctor

Proud General of Obsidian Order

nstop149
Flagged
Flagged

Re: Lvl 60 Temple fr00b

Post by nstop149 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:17 am

edit:

my setup if curious: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=57793

And I have ql 100 imps in.[/quote]

Your Ma armor set like Enf..rofl... :shock: First of all better would be omni-steel set ...
Nstop149 Ma 220/30/70 RK2 Equipment
Healerline Doctor 150/10 RK2
Nstopbank Trader 25/0 (froob) RK2
Equipment
./we come one

Dextripper1
Fresh
Fresh

MA froob temple twink

Post by Dextripper1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:29 pm

I just crunched some numbers and with QL 150 feet and left hand and a ql 145 right hand...brother's brass knuckles and GMW i will have 580 MA fully buffed. And thats for a froob.