Some considerations about Keeper class

Valu
Seasoned
Seasoned

Some considerations about Keeper class

Post by Valu » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:08 am

I see the keeper like a paladin. Not as strong as a warrior (aka enforcer), not as versatile as a forest ranger (adventurer) or agile as a thief (fixer) but someone capable to pack a heavy punch and survive in the most incredible situations.

I love the keeper class. Not because of damage output, or soloing, or increased chances of survival. I upgraded just for the keeper.

And I do love the keeper statue in arrival hall. In my eyes looks like the templiers knights.
Like the doc profession, I believe you have to be able to think in a certain way to play a keeper... Each profession requires a special way of playing, but I think doctors and keepers are different. You have to know when to cancel an aura in battle and when to cast it again for those 10 seconds of godness, you have to know when to replace a ward with a damage buff or a reflect. Any idiot can buff himself and start whaking mobs. But good timing in auras can be the difference between a sucessful raid/mission and reclaim.

In the begining I was playing this like anyone else. Buff up and tab q 1 2 3 4 5. In time I learned how to play it properly. They were right to place this profession on medium dificulty. Is not easy, but the results pays off.
Hayd
Nanofarmer

I know I'm not insane. The voices told me so.
Need a strategic game? Check this out

Boinky
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Boinky » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:45 am

I've not given enough attention to my Keeper to be that good despite the fact that my Keeper is my highest level alt. It's somewhat a testament to what versatile and resilient chars they are. The minute SL came out I made my Keeper, though Shade was far more popular a choice back then.

And I've always referred to him as a Paladin. :)

pal-a-din
n.

1. A paragon of chivalry; a heroic champion.
2. A strong supporter or defender of a cause

Lumikissa
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Lumikissa » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:48 pm

- I loved my Keeper when I soloed through Subway.
- I loved my Keeper when I teamed in Totw and kept the whole team alive while doing the best damage in the team. Team leader (a doc) went crazy on me cause his leadership position wasn't that sure anymore and started to flame me in a language others in our team didn't speak (finnish) so I left the team. He started shouting profanities at me even after I left so I ended up ignoring him. Talked privately with some of his team members later on and they agreed he was an a**, but still they stayed with him cause he was good.
- I loved my Keeper when I soloed Nascence hecklers.
- I loved my Keeper when I soloed Elysium mortiigs.
- I loved my Keeper when I teamed with some people and we took down a whole bunch of Mortiigs, and we did it *FAST*.

- I lost interest with my Keeper when I noticed there wasn't that much to do in nano section. Playing started to feel like chewing a week old bubblegum.
My Keeper was at level 89 at the time.

PS. I got some Keeper crystals stashed away on my Trader, so if you're interested then give me a shout (Ingengor or Anniii).
RK2 OP TL4 Fixer 'Deschanel' in the making.

bakadeshi
Flagged
Flagged

Post by bakadeshi » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:13 am

hehe yeah well keepers aren't known for their nuking abilities. which is a good thing since most keeper nano pools are near-nonexistent.
~RK1
Rubennib - 220 keeper
Gelitche - 174 agent
Rubedoc - 220 doctor
Darooses - 220 'crat
Argartri - 150 shade
Thankyou - 150 advy
Rooses - 151 keeper
itchuber - 37 trader (mule) (froob)
kellamic - 49 nt (froob)

Haloer
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Haloer » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:14 am

bakadeshi wrote:hehe yeah well keepers aren't known for their nuking abilities. which is a good thing since most keeper nano pools are near-nonexistent.
Well, my nanopool is like 2k, level 68... Keeper nanos need insane amounts of nano pool to cast. And the reqs for nanos are pretty high, I still haven't been able to cast more than half of my level 50 nanos... Still I'm doing well, being able to solo most kinds of QL85 mobs... Nukes are for NTs anyway, who are not known for their melee abilities! ;-) Love the prof anyway, nice to have people wanting to team with me... Gotta upgrade my symbs (well, mainly brain) and NCU soon though... Be seeing you around RK! I'm the slow running keeper still in Exarch robe! :)
-Haloer, adv RK-2

My stuff:
Froob Advy
Keeper main
New Adventuress

And my newest pride and joy:
Fixer baby "Abby killer"

nerfman
Hardened
Hardened
Location: quebec in canada wich is in america wich is somewhere

Post by nerfman » Fri May 05, 2006 10:28 pm

my keeper is my new main lvl 143 atm ... i must tell you guys lvl 120ish -200ish is the hardest time for a keeper but its TOTALLY WORTH IT! keepers are one of the best soloing class at end lvl and they can do uber dmg ...
heck once my main is high enough to farm inferno and when i'll be tired of sking im starting a keeper twink .. :D just finished the setup (took 2 hours :/ ) but he/she/it will pwn on the battlefield (the thing will be atrocks)

but i need to reactivate my ai/sl acc first wich will be done shortly ,then a ungimping session will be required : my keeper is 143 without t1 .. my friends will help me get a fbr and t1 :D then im heading to adonis to bash on rocks for the next 30-40 lvls
(\_/)
(x.X)
(> <) this is a dead bunny ... you can eat it ... http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/pixelated.php

bakadeshi
Flagged
Flagged

Post by bakadeshi » Sun May 14, 2006 10:25 pm

nah, i think 165ish to 190ish was much harder than 120-165...at about 165 you'll have title capped and breed capped all of your skills, and the only real way of leveling fast is the drudgery of going thru ado killing hecks. (be sure to bring plenty of backpacks to loot monster parts though!)

after 190 you'll get to spend IP which is a small bonus...
And the reqs for nanos are pretty high, I still haven't been able to cast more than half of my level 50 nanos...
i remember asking for CM, then going to traders and asking for a wrangle in order to cast certain auras as a lowbie. good thing you only have to rebuff once every 3-4 hrs :)

My nanopool finally hit 6k (dinged 210), meaning i can do 2 auras before sitting down. training treatment is a good idea if you don't want your team to wait 5 minutes for you to finish buffing
~RK1
Rubennib - 220 keeper
Gelitche - 174 agent
Rubedoc - 220 doctor
Darooses - 220 'crat
Argartri - 150 shade
Thankyou - 150 advy
Rooses - 151 keeper
itchuber - 37 trader (mule) (froob)
kellamic - 49 nt (froob)

Haloer
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Haloer » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:31 am

Well, just to update my situation, I currently got my keeper to 102, now trying to gather enough treatment to put on my next imps and stuff. Finally got an upgraded backpiece, exarch was still in use a couple of levels ago, now I have overtuned omni tank... Matches with T1. Now I'm able to cast my level 50 nanos! ;-) Level 75s need CI and even then some are beyond reach. But I'm getting there slowly, really slowly as my runspeed is still pretty low, hope to get my 1000 tokenboard soon though. Also need to get me a new sword, as the MBS of Stygian/Frosty is imminent. But am still enjoying my keeper. I'll keep you posted on my advancement every now and then, be seeing you around! I'm not around that much, but when I'm on, feel free to chat, currently running tokenfarming missions, it's tab-q so I do have some spare time atm... And always up for a raid of some sort!!! ;-)
-Haloer, adv RK-2

My stuff:
Froob Advy
Keeper main
New Adventuress

Fixer baby "Abby killer"

Haloer
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Haloer » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:42 pm

Just a quick update! Just got my 1000 tokenboard yesterday, that rocks, now just to get QL200 NCU chips, to be able to get a few more buffs in... And an update to my imps is also planned, I feel so gimped ATM! ;-)

(Edit: Yesterday with some help from my orgmates I succeeded in acquiring Enhanced Pads of Dedication, they sure do look nice! Needed the help to get rid of Trash King and his Lackey, others I could solo)
-Haloer, adv RK-2

My stuff:
Froob Advy
Keeper main
New Adventuress

Fixer baby "Abby killer"