Miy's Armor Hunting: Share your notes! (warning:Image heavy)

Post here to share information about places you've been, tips you have, or anything you feel would be worthwhile for others to know about.

Miy's Armor Hunting: Share your notes! (warning:Image heavy)

Postby hahnsoo on Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:33 pm

The latest patch has brought us some wonderful new armor, the Miy's Armor. Not only can this armor be freely traded (no NoDrop tag), it has some great bonuses rarely seen in froob armor drops until now. As stated in the patch notes:
- New Rubi-Ka Armors

o Many mob types between levels 50 and 200 on Rubi-Ka have had their loot tables updated with new armor and items.

o Medussa, Cyborg, Mantis, Aquann, Anvian and Drill have all received the updated loot tables

o There are five new sets of armor available from amongst these mobs. Note that some of the above mob types may drop some, all, or only specific versions of the new armors.

o Some of the mob types also now drop additional items and rings.

o Please note: Not all possible variants of the above mob types have the updated loot tables (for example those mobs used in quests or static dungeons) but for example those found in Rubi-Ka missions do.
Note that while it says Mob types between 50-200, several people have found Miy's Armor of lower QL on lower level mobs in missions.

Here are the stats for the armor, cut/pasted from another thread:
Code: Select all
= Miy's Nano Armor =
Intelligence/Psychic required
Weak to Melee/Proj AC
* Helmet - Bonus to Max Health, BM, NCU, Int, Psy
* Body - Bonus to Max Health, Nano Pool, NCU, Sta, Nano C Init, %NP Cost, TS
* Sleeves - Bonus to Max Health, Psy, Dodge Ranged, MM, Int
* Gloves - Bonus to Max Health, Sen, Evade Cls Cmbt, MC
* Pants - Bonus to Max Health, NCU, Agility, PM
* Boots - Bonus to Max Health, Dodge Ranged, Str, SI

= Miy's Melee Armor =
Agility/Sense required
Weak to Energy/Cold/Fire AC
* Helmet - Bonus to Max Health, NCU, Int
* Body - Bonus to Max Health, Nano Pool, NCU, Sta, Phys Init, Melee Init
* Sleeves - Bonus to Max Health, Psy, Dodge Ranged, 1HB, 1HE
* Gloves - Bonus to Max Health, Sen, Evade Cls Cmbt, Piercing, Bow (!?), Agility
* Pants - Bonus to Max Health, NCU, Agility, Sen, Martial Arts
* Boots - Bonus to Max Health, Duck Exp, Str, Runspeed

= Miy's Ranged Armor =
Agility/Strength required
Weak to Chem/Rad/Poison AC
* Helmet - Bonus to Max Health, NCU, Int, Assault Rifle
* Body - Bonus to Max Health, Nano Pool, NCU, Sta, Str, Bow (?!), Ranged Init
* Sleeves - Bonus to Max Health, Psy, Dodge Ranged, Pistol, MG/SMG
* Gloves - Bonus to Max Health, Sen, Evade Cls Cmbt, Shotgun, Agility
* Pants - Bonus to Max Health, NCU, Agility, Rifle
* Boots - Bonus to Max Health, Duck Exp, Str, Ranged Energy (?!)

= Miy's Tank Armor =
Strength/Stamina required
No AC holes (!?)
Some Calm/Stun resist
* Helmet - Bonus to Max Health, NCU, Int
* Body - Bonus to Max Health, Nano Pool, NCU, Sta, Str, %NP Cost, 2HB
* Sleeves - Bonus to Max Health, Psy, Dodge Ranged, Melee Energy (?!)
* Gloves - Bonus to Max Health, Sen, Evade Cls Cmbt, 2HE
* Pants - Bonus to Max Health, NCU, Agility, Heavy Weapons (?!), Grenade (?!)
* Boots - Bonus to Max Health, Duck Exp, Str, Riposte, Parry, Sta

= Miy's Scary Armor =
Intelligence/Sense required (?! This is a rare combination)
No AC holes (!?)
Some Calm/Stun, Root, and Snare resist
* Helmet - Bonus to Max Health, NCU, Int, Crit Resist 3 (probably crit decrease)
* Body - Bonus to Max Health, Nano Pool, NCU, Sta
* Sleeves - Bonus to Max Health, Psy, Dodge Ranged, Perception (?!)
* Gloves - Bonus to Max Health, Sen, Evade Cls Cmbt, Concealment
* Pants - Bonus to Max Health, NCU, Agility, Sen
* Boots - Bonus to Max Health, Duck Exp, Str, Runspeed, Sta

* The new rings appear to be the Ring of Essence and Ring of Endurance. They are buffing rings for Stamina and Strength (as if we need more), but Essence buffs Strength more and Endurance buffs Stamina more.
* HUD1/HUD3 gets some new goodies which appear to be fr00b usable. Nano Targeting Helper increases nuke damage and nano range by a small amount. Nano Assistant increases heal efficiency and nano range by a small amount.

All of the armors buff Max Health and one Ability (based on the slot). The AC holes on the armors are approximately 2/3s of the AC values of the non-weak ACs, so they aren't too bad. Oh, and it appears that NONE of them are NoDrop!

I haven't explored all of the possible hunting areas yet for the various creatures listed, but I'll write down what I know here.
Last edited by snarfblatt on Sun May 16, 2010 10:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Added to Knowledge Base bookmarks
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide
hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Medusa Hunting

Postby hahnsoo on Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:34 pm

Medusa Hunting

Medusas can be found in two key areas, Eastern Foul Plains and Deep Artery Valley.

Eastern Foul Plains has the high 180+ Medusas, near the place where Tchu spawns in the Northwest corner.

Deep Artery Valley has Medusas of various levels, in the greyish area on the east border.

Medusas exclusively drop the Miy's Nano Armor, from what I can tell.
Last edited by hahnsoo on Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Cyborg Hunting

Postby hahnsoo on Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:36 pm

Cyborg Hunting

Cyborgs are a popular hunt for froobs in late TL3 and TL4, due to the amount of experience that they give. Most people know where the Borgs are. For those of you who don't...

Level 160-180 Borgs tend to hang out in a few key areas in Mort:

The northeast corner Perpetual Wastelands also has 160-180 Borgs (as well as a lower level camp) among the sand dunes, but it is more well-known for the two Borg "cities":

From Saavick:
Saavick wrote:As a suggestion to the guide; if you follow the road leading south-west from the cyborg hideout in PW you'll find a town. This town is crawling with level 130-150 cyborgs and there's several around it, all the way along to the road to the hideout and on the platform the town is on.
Droprate is pretty comparable to that of Mort borgs and the armours range from Ql120ish to 170ish. I got a Ql102 'Nano Targeting Helper' from them too.
Also (but probably not anymore after I post this Twisted Evil ) it was pretty much uncamped.

On the search for lowbie armour I went to northern Avalon as well, to the cyborg citadel, just west of Camelot. After killing about 100 borgs there I haven't found any loot though, so either I had no luck there or droprate was bad. If someone finds anything there though, it seems a spot worth mentioning.

From unregisturd:
unregisturd wrote:lvl 50-70 borgs at cyborg barracks in greater tir

i am trying to get ql 40-50 sets of the ranged armor and the agility buffing armors but camping at the barracks drops mostly 60-70 ql armors and the spawn rate sux. of allt eh mobs you guys posted is there any 50 ish mobs to hunt, i pulled like 20 missions but only seem to get mech dogs.

Cyborgs seem to drop all of the Miy's Armor, at high QLs. They also drop the Ring of Essence, Ring of Endurance, and Nano Targeting Helper, rarely. The droprate on Borgs is lower than most of the other mobs, but they also have much higher QLs of Miy's Armor. Because of the wide selection, it may be difficult farming the Miy's that you want.
Last edited by hahnsoo on Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Mantis Hunting

Postby hahnsoo on Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:37 pm

Mantis Hunting

There are two types of mantids, that I'm aware of, the Sylvan (which live in Southern Foul Hills, near the Smuggler's Den and southern border) and the Sand Mantids (which live in Eastern Foul Plains northern border desert and throughout Perpetual Wastelands and pockets in Mort).

From Nixos:
Nixos wrote:Speaking of Avalon, I found a Mantis Den here (level 80-95ish):

Mantis also appear to drop any of the Miy's armor, albeit at a very low drop rate. They can also drop Rings of Essence/Endurance, also at a very low drop rate.
Last edited by hahnsoo on Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Aquann Hunting

Postby hahnsoo on Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:38 pm

Aquaan Hunting

I would like more information on wild Aquaans, as I have not been able to find any so far. I'm told they are around the Newland area.

From Saavick:
Saavick wrote:I found some Aquaans in the wild, in southern omni forest. There's a lvl15 dyna camp with lvl 10-15 minions. I've found up to Ql21 miy armour there.

Aquaans seem to drop the Miy's Ranged and Melee Armors.
Last edited by hahnsoo on Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Anvian Hunting

Postby hahnsoo on Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:39 pm

Anvian Hunting

My Anvian Hunting experience consists of a small area just north of the Smuggler's Den in Southern Foul Hills. This area has a lot of level 160 Anvians.

Anvians seem to drop only the Miy's Scary Armor. The Anvians at SFH are level 160ish, and they drop 120 to 190 pieces of armor. They also have a chance to drop the new Ring of Essence, Ring of Endurance, and Nano Targeting Helper. The droprates for the Rings and the Nano Targeting Helper seem to be much higher than from other sources.
Last edited by hahnsoo on Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Drill Hunting

Postby hahnsoo on Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:40 pm

Drill Hunting

The only place where Drills seem to be in large groups (that I know of) are in Milky Way, near the crash site, at the South/South East border.

Drill Investigators are level 140ish.
Drill Dentists are level 160ish.
Drill Inquisitors are level 180ish.

From Yulai:
Yulai wrote:There are also lvl ~150 ish Drills in Belial Forrest, near (under) Hollow Island and the Dreadloch Camp and there are some high ones in the area around Ljotur in DAV. And they also drops both types of rings.

From Kesher:
Kesher wrote:Drill Dentists, lvl 160sh, just S of Hollow Island, along the rock wall, plenty of them.

Drill mobs seem to drop the Miy's Melee, Ranged, and Tank Armors.
Last edited by hahnsoo on Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Other Notes

Postby hahnsoo on Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:41 pm

Other Notes

Full Chaos missions can often give you a variety of these mobs. I often run into Borgs, Aquaan, and Medusa at Broken Shores, and Anvian at Omni HQ.

If you find any other good hunting locations for these mobs, please post in this thread.
Last edited by hahnsoo on Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Postby LaraCroftsLeftBoob on Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:53 pm

i've gotten rings and %nano damage scope things from borgs as well as armor.
LaraCroftsLeftBoob
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Crabface on Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:15 am

Someone told me he found nano armor off a drill mob too.
Crabface
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Yulai on Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:53 am

hahnsoo wrote:Anvian HuntingAnvians seem to drop only the Miy's Scary Armor.

I´ve got other pieces as well (ranged / melee), looks like they drop all sort of.
hahnsoo wrote:Drill Hunting

The only place where Drills seem to be in large groups (that I know of) are in Milky Way, near the crash site, at the South/South East border.

There are also lvl ~150 ish Drills in Belial Forrest, near (under) Hollow Island and the Dreadloch Camp and there are some high ones in the area around Ljotur in DAV. And they also drops both types of rings.

Has anybody found a Nano Assistant? I´ve got not a single one yet. As already said, Anvians have a good chance to drop Nano Targeting Helper.
Yulai
Skilled
Skilled

Postby Tarradax on Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:15 am

You can also find Drills of various level ranges at... Drill Island. Sorry for stating the obvious here :P
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link
Tarradax
Wordbearer

Postby Saavick on Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:17 am

As a suggestion to the guide; if you follow the road leading south-west from the cyborg hideout in PW you'll find a town. This town is crawling with level 130-150 cyborgs and there's several around it, all the way along to the road to the hideout and on the platform the town is on.
Droprate is pretty comparable to that of Mort borgs and the armours range from Ql120ish to 170ish. I got a Ql102 'Nano Targeting Helper' from them too.
Also (but probably not anymore after I post this :twisted: ) it was pretty much uncamped.

On the search for lowbie armour I went to northern Avalon as well, to the cyborg citadel, just west of Camelot. After killing about 100 borgs there I haven't found any loot though, so either I had no luck there or droprate was bad. If someone finds anything there though, it seems a spot worth mentioning.
Saavick
Elite
Elite

Postby Nixos on Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:59 am

Speaking of Avalon, I found a Mantis Den here (level 80-95ish):

Nixos
Hardened
Hardened

Postby unregisturd on Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:17 am

lvl 50-70 borgs at cyborg barracks in greater tir

i am trying to get ql 40-50 sets of the ranged armor and the agility buffing armors but camping at the barracks drops mostly 60-70 ql armors and the spawn rate sux. of allt eh mobs you guys posted is there any 50 ish mobs to hunt, i pulled like 20 missions but only seem to get mech dogs.
unregisturd
Fresh
Fresh

Next

Return to Knowledge Database